Sunday, September 14, 2008

Darwin Award Nominee

So today I'm watching the Today show and they interviewed someone that I'm going to nominate for the Darwin Awards even though this person lived.

It's a story about the hurricane and they are interviewing someone who did not evacuate and ended up trapped in their home. This person called 911 and the operator said to tie his ID to his leg so they could identify him afterwards. This person expressed ANGER(!) at the police for not coming out in the middle of a hurricane to save him!

Ok, so here's what I find wrong with his anger. THERE WAS A MANDATORY EVACUATION. The government said those who stay faced CERTAIN DEATH. Now, I'm sorry, but if I heard that I would be on the first available method out of town. Frankly, I would've left as soon as it was obvious the storm would hit, regardless of having a mandatory evacuation.

But back to the idiot on the Today show. Here's what I figure was his internal thought process:

"I'm not afraid of no stinkin hurricane."

Then later:

"I'm going to die."

After the storm:

"I can't believe those cops wouldn't risk their own lives to save me in the middle of a deadly hurricane."

Yes folks, Darwin award nominee right there for you.

2 comments:

SunWolf said...

And I bet this idiot will vote in the November elections, too. Save us from the stupids.

A Girl From Texas said...

yeah, we do have our share of them, that's for sure.